Tom Cox World Ministries (TCWM) is committed to leading today’s church to reach today’s world with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Since 1971, TCWM has been utilizing creative means to communicate the biblical message of God’s holiness, love, and grace to people world wide, and leading God’s people to do the same.
TCWM believes, according to Ephesians 3:10, that God has chosen the church to be the primary vehicle through which He makes His message known to the world. Therefore, TCWM assists churches in engaging their mission field from next door to around the globe through evangelism events, church revitalization and health events, mission conferences, and managing strategic mission points around the globe. To date, TCWM has worked in 126 countries, and among several hundred people groups.
TCWM has well-established, ongoing work, on four continents.
God has accomplished much of the international work through short-term mission volunteers. Each year, TCWM mobilized hundreds of church members from across the United States for one-week to three-week mission projects. Many of these projects are in some of the most remote areas of the world.
TCWM has a long-standing strategic relationship with the SBC International Mission Board (IMB). TCWM leadership regularly meets with the IMB executive leadership and works closely with field personnel.
TCWM is committed to discovering…
- Unreached and unengaged people groups around the globe. Many people around the world have little to no access to the gospel. TCWM is committed to deploying specialized backpacking teams to conduct ethnographic research, discovering who a people group is, where they live, their world-view, and how to best communicate the gospel in their context. TCWM is a primary “go to” organization for IMB missionaries to conduct this type of missional ethnographic research.
- The best means to contextually communicate the gospel and plant churches among people next door or around the world. There is no such thing as a “one size fits all” in missions and evangelism.
- Missionally motivated churches who desire to partner to engage the unreached people of the world to share the gospel and equip indigenous leaders to plant churches.
- Obedient followers of Jesus Christ who desire to utilize their God-given talents, skills, passions and resources to share the gospel and eternally impact the Kingdom of God.
TCWM is committed to developing…
- Contextualized strategies for utilizing short-term mission teams to plant the gospel, plant churches and develop indigenous leadership.
- Customized plans for for churches to successfully engage their local community with the gospel. TCWM believes that the resources to engage your church’s community are within the congregation. Through discovery events, TCWM leads churches to meet their community at their point of need, share the gospel and make disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Infrastructure for optimizing reproducibility and ongoing sustainability in mission fields around the world. There is a fine line between developing infrastructures and developing unhealthy dependance. TCWM prayerfully strives to maintain that balance and empower indigenous leadership.
- Leaders both in the United States and around the world who are committed to obediently following the command of Jesus Christ to make disciples of all people groups from next door to the ends of the Earth.
TCWM is committed to deploying…
- Short-term mission teams to plant the gospel, plant churches and develop indigenous leadership among the currently unreached and unengaged people groups of the world.
- Churches in North America to reach their local communities with the gospel through effective evangelism and church planting.
- Believers into their personal circles of influence to take the gospel into their workplace, schools, families and social networks.
- Congregations of believers in other parts of the world to engage their Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and ends of the Earth.
- Resources to develop Christian leaders. Since 1986, TCWM has operated orphanages/boarding schools that have raised up hundreds of Christian leaders, pastors, and church planters.
TCWM is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and is accountable to a board of trustees from across the United States.
Meet Our Staff
Director, International Sponsorship
Kim and Tara K
Ken Bowie, Ph.D.
Ambassador to South America
Jerry Gay, D. Min
Director of Church Relations
Schedule Your Next Retreat
Sonshine Mountain is home of the Tom Cox World Ministries and the Sonshine Mountain Retreat Center.
Sonshine Mountain is located five miles north of Mountainburg, Arkansas nestled in the beautiful Boston Range. This is part of the Ozark Mountains and is one of the most beautiful areas of the United States.