Eric & Gaye Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the financial requirements to have Eric & Gaye Ramsey in our church?
A: We appreciate and share your concerns in this matter. The Tom Cox World Ministries financial policy is listed below:
- TCWM will serve any size church.
- TCWM accepts opportunities to serve on a first come, first served basis as the Lord gives direction.
- Tom Cox World Ministries is a 501c3 tax exempt, non-profit organization. The evangelists serve by faith on a love offering basis. Because financial support is necessary for sustaining the on-going ministries, we ask the pastor to communicate the opportunities to give. Knowing that pastors are spiritual leaders, we believe if the people are aware of the needs and opportunities they will give as God leads them.
- TCWM requests that a love offering be received in every service in support of the ministry.
- TCWM requests that the church provide*:
- Travel expenses (fifty-eight cents per mile** one way from the church previously served)
- Lodging (fifty dollars per night for RV use, or hotel arrangements provided)
- Meals (except breakfast)
- Expenses are to be over and above the love offering. Travel expenses and lodging should be paid upon arrival, if possible.
*This is negotiable.
**Based on US federal standard — may vary with fuel prices.
Q: Do Eric and Gaye always serve as a “team” or are they available for events individually?
A: While Eric and Gaye love traveling and serving together, they do accept engagements separately as well. It is not uncommon for Gaye to conduct a women’s conference, sing a concert, or serve as a soloist for an event, while Eric is a keynote speaker at an event, conducts a pastors’ conference, lectures at a seminary, or leads an international mission team.
Q: What is Tom Cox World Ministries?
A: Tom Cox World Ministries (TCWM) is a 501c3 non-profit Christian evangelism and mission organization founded in 1971 by Dr. Tom Cox. In 1982, the organization launched internationally, and began sending short-term mission teams to unreached people groups around the world. Since that time, TCWM has sent over 150 mission teams to 114 different countries. TCWM has a long-standing relationship with the International Mission Board, SBC, and the North American Mission Board, SBC. In addition, they work strategically with several other Baptist partners located in other countries (i.e.: Peruvian Baptist Convention, Kenyan Baptist Convention, etc.).
Q: What do the Ramsey children do for school?
A: Eric and Gaye have two children; Andrew is 17, and Alisha is 14. The children are very involved in the ministry with their parents; and most of the time the Ramsey family travels together. Andrew and Alisha are enrolled in an accredited on-line correspondence school. Andrew is currently in 11th grade and Alisha is in 8th grade.